What sort of work is available?
What personal qualifications are required?
- Unskilled people for a wide range of manual jobs
- People to help with fund-raising collections
- Bricklayers to build housing for more cats
- A librarian to organise our growing collection of books
- A secretary to organise our Director
- A bookkeeper to help with our accounts
- A sense of humour
- A willingness to work
- A love (or at least tolerance) of cats
Although there are no age requirements, it helps for insurance purposes if you are adult. Present volunteers ages range from about 16 to 70+.
Were not very good with languages, so it is useful if you speak and understand English.
For those who need accomodation there are mobile homes which, while not luxurious, are weatherproof and provided with 240v. 50Hz electricity.
People having their own caravans, campervans or similar are welcome to bring them.
Basic food can be provided and there are shops within walking distance from which other supplies can be bought.
Volunteers laying a path in front of the ocelot enclosure